:]

Hey! Welcome, and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wolf Ridge

This is the view of Lake Superior that we had on our Superior hike.
Image taken by one of my classmates.
This past week, my class of 36 students and 6 adult chaperones went up north to Wolf Ridge ELC in Finland, Minnesota for a week. We left at 5 AM Monday morning, and we stayed until about 1 PM on Friday. It was incredibly amazingly fun!!! I stayed in a dorm with 4 other girls, and a chaperone. It was like a huge slumber party, but you were always so tired, everyone went to sleep easily. Our days were filled with classes. We went on a ropes course that was 30 feet up in the air! We also went rock climbing, and we got to belay our classmates. Some other classes that we had were: Smammals (Small Mammals), Changing Climates, F.I.R.S.T. Games (Team-building), Beavers, Stream Study, and Competitive Orienteering. The best thing though was just being with my classmates the whole week. I learned new things about them, and I'm really glad that this is the class that I got to go with. I wouldn't change that. The thing is, at my school you look forward to this trip all through elementary school. You work 30 hours of service that goes towards the school to be able to go.  You hear so many stories as your anxiously waiting to go. I've gone, and now it's over. That's the sad part. I'm glad I had the opportunity to go; it was all I hoped it would be. I will never forget this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment