:]

Hey! Welcome, and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dream Job

There's always that question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Your parents usually first ask you this when you're about 5 or 6, and most kids answer, "Princess!"or "Pirate!" or "Movie Star!" or "Astronaut!" When you're a kid, you have no idea how long it will take to get there, for any of those jobs. As you get older, your answer usually changes, and when you finally decide what you're going to do when you get older, what you actually become is WAY different then what you said when you were 5 or 6 years old. I have no idea what I want to do once I leave school. People have told me I would be a great librarian, or a physical therapist, or a coach of some sort. I still have a couple more years to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life. I'm keeping my options open. Work isn't always enjoyable even if you're doing something that you love to do. Like say your a fashion designer, and you love it. You love designing stuff, and expressing yourself. There's still the the paperwork, the meetings, the flights, the pressure of getting a new line done in time for a big show. That can all be very stressful and NOT enjoyable. In the end though, its ususally worth it, because you're doing what you love and what you have a passion for. My fantasy dream job would definitely be a pop star, but I can't sing if my life depended on it, and I have stage fright so I know that will never happen. Other dream jobs of mine would be: music producer, manager for a band, T.V. producer, or someone who just gets to work in Hollywood. That would be my dream. It would be nice to be paid, but if circumstances are complicated, you're doing what you love, and you can somehow afford not being paid, I think it would be okay not being paid. When you're working at school, you're doing work that affects your job when you're older. You're also not being paid at school, and you have your parents to help you through more than you do when you're older. You're also doing what you love when you're older, compared to school. :)

photo
Taken by KiranAmbre on Flickr Creative Commons

2 comments:

  1. Emma,
    Great thoughts. You will be ready for what life offers you along the way. Your clarity in thought is incredible. I look forward to "watching" your journey!
    Mrs. B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Emma! You are so knowledgeable on this topic, it intrigues me very much! You should find another way to share your information and opinions with the world, because they are greatly appreciated. Although you may seem very small in the world, one day you will be a great role model for many of people. Keep shining.

    ReplyDelete